November 2018 Chapter Meeting

November 15, 2018
11:45 AM MST to 1:00 PM MST
 Add to Calendar

Idaho Pizza Company
5150 W. Overland Road
Boise, ID 83705

Thursday, November 15

Terry E. Townsend, P.E., Fellow ASHRAE, is president, Townsend Engineering Inc., Chattanooga, Tennessee, and Panama City, Florida. In 2006-07, he served as president of ASHRAE, where he focused the Society’s efforts on The ASHRAE Promise: A Sustainable Future, highlighting ASHRAE’s work in sustainability in the building environment. His achievements as president include launching ASHRAE’s first ever certification program, accelerating and expanding the Advanced Energy Design Guide series, setting more stringent savings for ASHRAE’s energy standard, and proving resources on how ASHRAE can minimize the impact of its meetings on the environment.

Steps to Making Existing Commercial Buildings More Efficient, Healthy and Comfortable

11:45am – 1:00pm, November Chapter Meeting @ Idaho Pizza Company (5150 W Overland Rd, Boise, ID 83705)

GBCI Approved | 1 CE Hour | 0920017431                   AIA Approved | 1LU/HSW |TOWNSEND01

Even though the U.S. Building Codes are becoming more energy stringent, our country’s Energy Utilization Index (EUI) is rapidly increasing every year because only 5% of our commercial building stock is being built or renovated each year. This means that the remaining 95% of our commercial buildings are experiencing reduced energy performance each year. This trend in existing buildings can be changed by the implementation of a Technical (testing based) Retro-commissioning (RCx) program that incorporates technical energy audit procedures, measurements of building performance metrics, savings calculational procedures and corresponding financial analysis methodologies that building owners can understand and interpret for developing both short term and long term programs for building systems’ upgrades. Case studies are presented for various RCx projects that demonstrate the advantage of conducting a Technical RCx program and the merit of implementing an Ongoing Commissioning (OCx) program for a building owner to be able to maintain a sought level of building performance for an ongoing basis.


$0.00 Member Ticket

$15.00 Non-Member Ticket

$0.00 Student Ticket